Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Scan N Cut Images

Last week a friend of mine had a couple of questions about the Brother Scan N Cut.  I purchased one when this particular machine first came out over three years ago.  After using the Cricut for many years, I liked the idea of being able to scan in images/stamped images and having a machine cut them out versus using cartridges for images.  Well, the SNC was very frustrating as some of the stamped images easily scanned and then were die cut.  At the same time, many of the stamped images did not show up on the mat or get cut out.  I put the machine away as there were just too many things that needed to be worked out and went back to my Cricut.

After questions from my friend last week, I took out my Scan N Cut and started playing.  I had to update the machine and played with it for quite a few hours since then.  Yesterday, I stamped the little dog three times.  The image on the left was cut out using a MFT coordinating die. The image on the right was scanned and cut on the Scan N Cut.  The flowers and the oranges were cut out of 12 x 12 pieces of DSP paper.  After scanning the DSP piece, I then zoomed in on a portion of the paper I wanted cut.  Sure enough, the SNC did a pretty darn good job.

I have been having fun using the SNC again, but it still has some of the same issues that caused me to put the machine away.  Now that I am getting reacquainted with the SNC, it might be on my counter for a while!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment