Saturday, November 19, 2011

Top Note Christmas Purse

So how cute is this little candy purse? A while ago I had seen something similar, but this is the first chance I had to make one myself. Once again, that Top Note die makes for a cute little item. And I found an immediate use for my red, white & green mint M&Ms! I made my little purse with a Christmas theme, but I am sure this would be perfect for a bachelorette party or bridal shower or any get-together with the girls. I will say that the candies you put in the cellophane bag cannot be too thick. I first tried Hershey Nuggets, but two in the bag were way thick and one in the bag looked pretty chincy. Life savers will work as will the red and white starlight mints. When the bag is too thick, the purse flap doesn't lay nicely at all. I used a retired flower punch to make the poinsettia and the little toe part of the stocking builder punch for the leaves which was just the right size for the pointsettia. Have a good weekend and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment