Monday, January 16, 2017

Clarity Stencil Brushes

I really like sponged backgrounds but I have a little trouble with getting splotches on the cardstock. No matter how often I remind myself to start off the paper, I still have at least one area where the splotch is very obvious.  I was watching a Jennifer McGuire video where she used Clarity Stencil Brushes.  She showed the soft look you can get when using ink and these brushes.  So I looked on Amazon.com to check out the prices (after watching a couple other videos in which Clarity brushes were used).  They cost $36!  So I then checked Ellen Huston and Simon Says Stamp.  The brushes were about $29 plus shipping and were on back order at both.  I came across Artist Supply where they cost $20 plus $6 for shipping.  I ordered them and they arrived quite quickly.  Over the weekend I played with the brushes and today's card is the first background I created using the Clarity Brushes with Distress Inks.  The largest brush is big (all of them are larger than I envisioned) and for having never used stencil brushes before, the background turned out pretty good.  The stamp set I used is Sunny Studio Stamps' Sweet Shoppe.  I will use the brushes a few times before I say it was easier for me using the brushes than the sponges.  I will also try the brushes on other white cardstock to see if there is a difference.   Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment