Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Sending Hugs and Love

When I had my Shimmery White cardstock out last week, I wanted to once again make a shimmery watercolor background.  I tapped my craft mat with both blue and purple distress ink pads and spritzed that with water.  I then laid the Shimmer White cardstock directly on the puddle of color. Once I lifted the Shimmery White cardstock I moved the puddle on the cardstock around.  Once the entire piece of cardstock was covered, I let the excess drip off and then dried it with the heat gun.  I should have used more purple, but the background is very pretty and shimmery.   It created the perfect backdrop for the pretty white tropical flower and the word die cut "hugs".  The stamped sentiments are from the Simon Says/Hero Arts stamp set, Prayers. Since SU's Shimmery White cardstock is a little thicker, it will take some water, but it cannot be drenched.    Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment