Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Clean & Simple Watercolor


The idea for today's cards came from a card on Stampin' Up's demo site, posted by Peggy Noe.  I recreated her card using Shimmery White cardstock (rather than watercolor paper), ink and an aqua painter.   After creating the thank you card, using Soft Sky ink, I stamped the sentiment which is from Endless Thanks.  The card is pretty and you can't really see it in the pictures, but the Shimmery White does sparkle a bit. So, I then created the Thinking of You card.  I used Flirty Flamingo ink and the sentiment is from a Just Rite set, Large Fancy Sentiments.  I used the little hearts from the In Colors enamel accents for both cards.  For a birthday card, you could use a little star accent or even a little balloon.  Don't have enamel accents?  Use my favorite embellishment, sequins.  There are numerous possibilities using a variety of sentiments and colors.  I am going to make a few more and these cards with envelopes will be a nice hostess gift during the holidays.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment