Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wildtree

Today's post is about a company I was introduced to a when I was sick, Wildtree.  This company is about preparing food that is simple, healthy and natural.  I hosted a Wildtree workshop at my house a couple of weeks ago for the Cricut ladies.  For the workshop, we each chose a "Workshop Bundle" that we wanted to use to make our freezer meals.  In the Workshop Bundle you get all the spice and oils you will need.  In addition, prior to the workshop, you need to grocery shop with a list provided that includes all the veggies, meats/fish, etc. needed to prepare the meals.  Then you have to cut everything up and bag it for the workshop.  It was a bit of work and I would say that between the $80 Workshop Bundle and about $120 for food many would consider this a bit pricey.  That being said, I doubt I ever shopped for 10 meals at one time nor cut, sliced and diced for 10 meals at once!  And just so you know, I like only chicken breasts, very lean ground beef/beef/pork so I probably spend more than most on groceries.  Since it is just John and myself most nights, I made 14 meals so my cost per meal comes out to about $14.  And I could have divided more of the meals, too.


On the day of the workshop, all the ladies came with their ice-filled coolers of  food in their zip lock bags.  At the workshop you receive your Workshop Bundle and proceed to add the oils and spices to your freezer bags of meats and veggies.  The recipes are provided.  Labels for the bags are provided and when the afternoon is over, you have a minimum of 10 freezer-ready meals.  I now have enough spices/oils to make most of the 10 meals again at least once if not twice which brings down the cost per meal.   This photo is a sample of the recipes you receive with your Workshop Bundle.

We have had a few of the meals by now and each was very good.  Last night we had Chiptole Lime Fajitas which were excellent.  I defrosted the meal during the day and while I cooked rice, I cooked the fajita meat/veggies in a skillet.  Not a much easier dinner than this!  So for what seemed like a lot of work preparing this dinner a couple of weeks ago,  there was little for me to do before putting dinner on the table last night.  I heated the flour fajita shells, too!  I am looking forward to doing this again but trying a different Workshop Bundle.  If you ever thought about having a Wildtree workshop, I will tell you that from my point of view it is well worth the time, effort and money to host or in which to participate.   That being said, if I was going to a Wildtree Workshop, I would bring all the cut and chopped veggies. but not the meat.  I would add that when I got home.  It is less to carry and less to worry about keeping cold.   Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment