Thursday, August 25, 2016

Watercolor Birthday

The stamp set, Balloon Celebration (pg. 24), is a set that I have not yet justified purchasing as I already have balloons and dies from  other stamp sets/stamp companies.  So to remind myself that I can make cards using what I already have, I got on with making today's card. I think I have mentioned before that I use my mistake/practice watercolor pieces for die cutting.  And that is what I did.   I used the "happy" thinlet from My Favorite Things to cut the word and Lawn Fawn dies for the party balloons from unused water colored pieces.  The background is also a water colored piece.  I was playing with different colors of blue and purple Distress Inks and this piece reminds me of the sky.   So I made a perfect little birthday card with what I already own.  Of course, the SU set continues to call my name as I already have the punch!  But then if I sent a card that said, "Come, let us sit together and drink. . .", my friends would wonder what was wrong with me using wording like that~~LOL!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment