Friday, July 15, 2016

Just For You Butterflies

If I am not playing with tropical/seaside stamps, then there are probably butterfly stamps on my island.  Today's card actually began as something totally different.  I was trying to use Flirty Flamingo and Peekaboo Peach ink with water on an acrylic block to create a watercolor background.  Well, either the square was very off center or I dripped water somewhere else on the card front.  So after starting with a 4" inch square on a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of watercolor paper, I was able to save a 2 1/2" inch square and some scraps.  I stamped the image from the In The Meadow stamp set and the sentiment from Work of Art on what I could salvage of the "oops" squares.  After adhering that to a white square, I decided to use black as the background for the card front.  With the remaining scraps of watercolored paper, I punched or die cut the butterflies.  I sponged Peekaboo Peach ink on white bakers twine to embellish the card.  So today's card isn't what I had in mind, but it is still nice.  Have a great weekend and find yourself a little stampin' time.


No comments:

Post a Comment