Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Distress Ink Stripes

After reading a post on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog, I decided I would try the background that was on the card in that post.  In the blog post she mentioned that she used Washi tape between the lines of color.  So out came Washi tape and white cardstock.  I lined things up on my SU grid paper and started adding the ink to the stripes using Distress ink.  I was all done and I started to remove the Washi tape.  To my surprise, I started removing cardstock, too!  That was ruined.  Time for a second try.  Before adding the Washi tape to the white cardstock, I tapped it against my clothing to get rid of some of the tackiness.  I finished inking and carefully removed the Washi tape.  For the most part, removing some of the stickiness did the trick.  I then splattered a little water to leave little lighter shades of ink in the stripes.  I was happy with the way it turned out and now what?  It was bright and colorful so I pulled out the Avery Elle Cupcake stamp and stamped the cupcake and frosting and die cut them.  I used a Spectrum Noir Marker to color the frosting a light chocolate and then went over the frosting with a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  I added little confetti/stars and not only do I have a cute card to send to someone, I tried a new technique and I do it again!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment