Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Lovely Lilac Birthday

I decided I should make use of  things I own and rarely use~~the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens for starters.  The flower from Stampin' Up's You've Got This stamp set is a great image on which  to practice.  I find it easier to watercolor inside the heat embossed lines of an image.  So I stamped the flower on watercolor paper using Versafine Black ink and then heat set clear embossing powder.  Versafine ink stays wet a little longer than dye-based inks. By using Versafine ink, I can sprinkle on the clear embossing powder and not have to worry about random black specks appearing as sometimes happens when using Versamark ink and black embossing powder.  I painted along the edges of the petals and with a paint brush and water spread the color to cover the full petals.  (Everything was fine until I chose to paint the center of the flower with orange instead of yellow!!) I die cut the flower and a 1/8" piece of craft foam using a die I purchased for this set from Dies by Dave.  After stamping the edges of each piece of white cardstock using images from Timeless Textures in Lovely Lilac ink, I assembled the layers and  adhered the flower to the foam piece. Before adhering that to the card, I stamped the sentiment (Cottage Greetings).  It turned out ok and I will try again using non-retired ink and cardstock color and a yellow center!  Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment