Thursday, October 8, 2015

Sending Hugs and Prayers

Every once in the while I need a card that let's someone know I am thinking about them and including them in my prayers.  So when I saw that Simon Says had teamed up with Hero Arts for the Prayers stamp set with die, I knew it would be the perfect set to have on hand.  I stamped the sentiment and die cut the "prayers" using Coastal Cabana ink and cardstock, a favorite retired Stampin' Up! color.  The word "prayers" can also be stamped if you prefer.  After stamping the sentiment and adhering the die cut, I wanted to add flowers.  So I used Lawn Fawn's Penelope's Blossoms stamp set and dies.  As pretty as the flowers are and as much as I wanted a set with little flowers, I spent a whole lot of time stamping the little flowers and die cutting them. It was rather tedious lining up the little dies with the stamped image.  Next time I use the image at the bottom of the card, I will color the stamp in using markers rather than stamp it all in one color and then adhere die cut flowers over the image.  In the end, the time spent on the card was worth it.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment