Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A New Technique

Yesterday I watched a video Jennifer McGuire did and she used a Distress Ink pad to ink a piece of cardstock and then spritzed a stamp with water and stamped on the background.  So I decided to try it using  a Stampin' Up! ink pad.  For this card I used Night of Navy ink and then stamped with water spritzed on the Blended Bloom stamp.  I actually tried it a couple of times with Early Espresso and those didn't turn out quite like Jennifer's.  The card posted today turned out pretty okay, but still not what I was hoping for.  So I am wondering if it is because she used Distress Inks for her cards.  Maybe later or tomorrow I will try the technique using Distress Ink.  At any rate, I used the Labels and Tags framelits and the Watercolor Wishes stamp set for the sentiment.  I used White Perfect Accents in each of the corners and after I looked at the completed card, I was thinking I should have put those little accents at the corners of the label.  That would have been nice, too.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment