Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Brick Wall First Attempt

I have been waiting for the Brick Wall embossing folder and it finally arrived~~yeah!  I have watched quite a few videos on techniques for coloring the bricks and here is the first sponged brick wall I created.  Now I saw the bike and tree on one of the videos I watched and Frenchie's tree and sun showed up very nicely.  The sun and tree were supposed to be a shadow on the wall while the bike is leaning against the wall.  The tree and bike is from Sheltering Tree; the sun from Kind of Eclectic and the sentiment from the Watercolor Wishes stamp set.  At any rate, the wall itself turned out pretty darn good, if I say so myself.  I embossed the bricks on Crumb Cake cardstock and sponged using Tip Top Taupe, Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip.  The brick color is pretty realistic looking.   To tell the truth there are so many color variations of brick I think a number of color combinations could be used.  I know one thing and that is no two "walls" will ever look alike!  I have already created the next brick wall and I will post that card tomorrow.  I pretty much think that I will be making quite a few cards that will have a brick wall of some sort on it!  Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time!

1 comment: