Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Other Wall Card

This wall has a totally different look from yesterday's card.  First off, yesterday's brick wall was vertical and today's is horizontal.  With the new 6 x 6 embossing folders the card front can fit in the embossing folder in either direction~~a nice feature.  Secondly, today's brick wall is much lighter toned.  I used Crumb Cake and Smokey Slate on white embossed cardstock and layered that on Crumb Cake cardstock before adhering it to the white card base.  (Have I mentioned lately how much I like the new heavier weight white cardstock SU offers?)  Once I was pleased with the brick color, I then wondered what I should use to embellish it.  Of course,  the Vintage Leaves called out!  The leaves are stamped in Crumb Cake on white cardstock and then sponged in Cherry Cobbler, Hello Honey & Meadow Moss.  A layer of clear Wink of Stella was brushed on the leaves and a little of the gold thread added behind them.  The sentiment was cut using a die from the Hello You thinlits. The brick embossing folder is one I highly recommend adding to your collection.  Maybe tomorrow I will post a card where I use the embossing folder just as it is without any ink sponged on.  Until then, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment