Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thinking of You Koala

In my opinion, the stamp used on today's card, Kind Koala, is one of the cutest in the new annual catalog.  In my mind, koalas are a light brown.  No matter what brown I used to color in the little guy, he just didn't look right.  I looked up pictures of koalas and found that most are gray.  So, out came the Basic Gray marker and the first try with gray produced this little koala.   I did emboss the stamp using Black embossing powder and that is very helpful to avoid going out of the lines.  I colored the flower red as I wanted to use one of the papers in the new Maritine DSP collection as the background, accented with black cardstock and black polka dot strips of paper from the  DSP Neutrals collection.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment