Thursday, June 12, 2014

Tap, Tap, Tap

Having been a secretary in my younger days, the typewriter in this set caught my eye.  I don't remember the typewriters I used as being this vintage, but they were old!!  I can remember when the office I worked at purchased typewriters with correction tape in it!!  We thought that was the ultimate luxury in a typewriter.  And when you were pressing those keys, it did sound like "tap, tap, tap".  Not sure how often I will use the set, but it had to do with fond memories of being a teenager learning how to type.  My mom made me and my sister attend a business high school in Chicago so we would learn secretarial skills.  She wanted to be sure that we would be able to support ourselves.  That was in the 60's, when women working was far from the norm.  And the funny thing, my first secretarial job during my senior year in high school, led to meeting my husband when he started working at the same place after college!  WOW, that was 42 years ago!  Maybe the typewriter was this vintage--hahahah!!!  On that note, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment