Thursday, March 6, 2014

More Happy Watercolor!

It has become evident that I am getting a lot of use out of my Happy Watercolor stamp set.  And here is yet another post displaying the use of that set.  The layouts of both the greeting card and the 3"x 3" gift card came right from Stampin' Up.  One of the perks of being a SU demonstrator is a magazine we receive which includes business and product use suggestions.  The most recent Stampin' Success issue included a number of ideas using the Happy Watercolor stamp set.  I absolutely loved what SU created and I wanted to recreate their work using product I had.  So,  SU used Coastal Cabana and Baked Brown Sugar cardstock and gold ink for their samples.  I switched the colors to Strawberry Slush and Smokey Slate cardstock and ink.  SU used Linen Thread which looked very nice on their creations as it coordinated very nicely with the Baked Brown Sugar.  I dyed white baker's twine using Smokey Slate reinker and rubbing alcohol to create Smokey Slate twine.  And I think it looks great!  As a matter of fact, I will be ordering more white bakers twine with the next order I place.  I see a lot of twine dying in the near future!  I do have all of the reinkers so at a cost of $2.95 for 25 yards of twine, it is a rather inexpensive way to add a pretty embellishment to my cards/tags.  When you notice my cards have colored twine on them, you will know my order arrived!!  Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment