Friday, March 7, 2014

Cricut Explore

I have had a Cricut electronic die cutting machine for many years and use it for scrapbooking and making embellishments for cards.  Provocraft just introduced a new die cutter, the Cricut Explore.  I wasn't sure I wanted it, but when the Explore was debuted on the Home Shopping Network I ordered it.  Yesterday I was playing with and comparing the Explore with my old Cricuts.  The biggest concern I have so far is that you have to be connected to the internet to use it thru Provocraft's Design Space.  This new machine does have its advantages, including a cleaner cut than I get with my Cricut Expression.  If I am cutting a box that already has the scorelines in the image, not only will the Cricut cut the box, it will score it, too!  I do not have to change blades either.  This machine holds both the cutting blade and score tool or pen at the same time!  I love that feature.  You can change the blade setting by turning a dial to adjust the blade depth.  When you insert one of the images in the Design Space, it appears on the screen fully layered!  So if you have an image with three layers, each layer is a different color and on a separate mat. Plus, I can bring my Stampin' Up and other SVG files into the Design Space and save them for future use.  For right now, the biggest disadvantage is that  you have to be connected to the internet to  cut images . Everything you do is stored in a "cloud".  So it isn't like you can design something and then save it to your computer~~Provocraft "stores" it all.  My cartridges will be linked to the Design Space but cannot be used alone as with my old Cricuts.  You will hear more about the Explore but for today, I am posting a card I made using images from the Cricut Design Studio.  And just for the heck of it, I added one of my little butterflies--lol!!  Don't forget to "spring" your clocks ahead this weekend!  Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment