Thursday, March 13, 2014

Easter Cards

Yesterday I went down to play with my new Cricut Explore.  I wanted to
see if I could figure out how to write names with it.  I was successful with that and I will show the labels I made in another post.  But today I want to share my Easter Cards created using the Explore. (Once again, got sucked into the scrap room for longer than planned!!) The egg on the pink and white card is one of the images I have access to in the Cricut Design Studio.  It showed this image had two layers.  So, I used Pink Pirouette and Early Espresso for the egg.  I really set out to make an Easter card in a box, but the pink and brown egg was way to big for the box.  Now I needed to do something with it~~a quick and easy card.   Then I started playing with the sizing of things.  First the grass was too big, then too small.  One egg was too big, the other just ugly--lol!!  But when all was said and done, someone will be receive a very special Easter card. I like the way it turned out.  The only thing I would change is to make the cross a little taller. I used retired DSP to cover the box and a retired stamp set for the sentiment.   Now this morning, I am going to go downstairs and clean and get ready for classes this weekend~~that's the plan anyway!  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment