Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wonderful Mother

While our area has yet another cold and snowy weekend to look forward to, I am over winter themed cards--lol!! So the bright and cheery card creations continue.   Over the weekend, one of the ladies at card class mentioned needing a brayer.  In
the back of my mind I was thinking that we hadn't used a brayer for awhile in card class.  After stamping and cutting images on the Scan N Cut the other day, those pieces were still sitting on my island.  I saw the white border around the stamped images and I wondered how those images would look on a brayered background.  Why just wonder?  I colored the flower in using markers and then lightly dabbed each flower with an aqua painter to spread the color on the petals.  The stem was colored in with an Old Olive marker.  Since I used yellow and orange for the flowers I wanted to use Daffodil Delight for the background.  I think the image against the brayered background looks good.  The sentiment is from a retired stamp set as I was thinking about Mother's Day cards.  But it certainly could be a thinking of you, get well or thank you card.  This just might be one of the cards that will be made during the March classes.  Have a great day and keep warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment