Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Scallop Tag Topper Card

I saw a few examples of cards made using the Scallop Tag Topper punch (Occasions Mini) and liked the look.  I decided to try my hand at it and the resulting card wasn't too bad.  Not only was I excited about the style of the card, but also the flower on the front.  I stamped the flower (Happy Watercolor)  on Whisper White cardstock and then I used the Brother Scan N Cut to cut it out!  Having a machine to do the fussy cutting sure is a time saver!  I have been asked:  Color first or cut out first?  I cut before I color.  The reason being that sometime the SnC doesn't catch all the lines or there is user error~~and believe me, there has been some user error as the machine and I get acquainted!  Whatever it is, if it was colored in and then cut wrong, I would be a little disappointed.  I stamped an sentiment (Perfect Pennants) inside, keeping it far to the left side so it wouldn't be peeking out along the right edge when the card was closed. The white taffeta ribbon dyed Crisp Cantaloupe is a pretty way to tie the card together. We will definitely be creating this card at the March card classes!  Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment