Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Marina Mist & Soft Suede

A couple of years ago, I wanted nothing to do with the color Soft Suede.  And then one of my friends ordered a package of DSP and the colors included Baja Breeze and Soft Suede.  I saw that paper in person and Soft Suede has become a color of choice when I need a more neutral color.  Since Baja Breeze is no longer, I used Marina Mist for today's card.  The stamped design is from Creative Elements.  I stamped the image using Soft Suede ink and then colored it in using a combination of Soft Suede and Marina Mist inks and a blender pen. The butterfly is definitely hiding a little oops!  And it was the very last little section I was filling in.  Oh well~~the butterfly looks like it belongs there!  The Soft Suede DSP meets the stamped cardstock under the ribbon. To achieve this decorative ribbon effect, add a strip of adhesive to the card front and then adhere the ribbon, pleating it as you go along.  I find it better to leave the ribbon on the spool while gathering/pleating so as to have enough length for the card.  I am looking at the card right now and I do think I will add a couple of little pearls on the "celebrate" oval.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment