Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Christmas For Teacher

Yesterday we had our first measurable snow.  Well, not that measurable but the snow covered the grass!!  One minute it was raining and the next it was snowing--large beautiful flakes.  After I watched the snow for a while, I went downstairs to clean things up from Sunday's workshops, and I saw those snowflake images in the Endless Wishes stamp set.  I would make just one more Christmas card with it~~a teacher card using the chalkboard technique.  My Christmas cards aren't usually black, but in this situation, black is just fine and I keep repeating that phrase in my head: black is just fine, black is just fine!  The snowflakes and sentiment are from the EW set and the "teacher" is from the retired Family Reunion, all stamped using Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.  When the embossing was finished I used a little sponge and white craft ink to create the smudges.  I layered the black on red cardstock and then onto a white card base.  On the inside I stamped black snowflakes in the lower right-hand corner.  I set it aside and then last night I am looking at SU's  demonstrator site and there is a card very similar.  But, the person who created that card outlined a frame using the Chalk marker that is in the Holiday min and added red rhinestones to the snowflakes.  I added those two things to my card and it is a great teacher card--black and all!!!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this card Gail. I have been on the fence about purchasing this new stamp set. After seeing this card I think I'm going to have to take the plunge. :)

    ReplyDelete