Thursday, May 16, 2013

Beach Fun (Especially for Regina)

My friend, Regina, is going down to Sanibel Island for a couple of days, a very needed break from her everyday routine of  beating cancer.  So I made this card just for her. Baked Brown Sugar and Soft Sky equal a good beach color combination.  The shells are from the By the Seashore stamp set.  I stamped them in Chocolate Chip (the sand dollar in Basic Gray) and then cut them out.  After sponging a little color on each one, I ran the Chocolate Chip marker around the edges to fill in any little white spaces left from not cutting perfectly.  "Beach fun" was stamped in Baked Brown Sugar ink using a retired Stampin' Up  alphabet set.  Before adhering the Soft sky card stock to the card base, I wrapped some of linen thread around the card.   Regina, have a great time and breath in some of the salty Gulf air for me. And watch for the dolphins--they aren't that far out from the shore.  Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment