Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Paint On Cards

Today's card uses paper from the Epic This and That DSP pack, which I think is very nice paper.  It is
an assortment of designs/patterns that we have not seen before from Stampin' Up in a beautiful color assortment.  I wanted to use this particular piece of paper for a masculine card but there was a  Pool Party "5¢" printed on the paper that I wanted to hide as it really had no relevance to anything.  I punched the Crumb Cake cardstock piece using the Ticket Punch and then layered it on Pool Party, clipping the corners using the 3/4 circle punch.  I repeated that with the Early Espresso cardstock.  The layered ticket shape did not cover the entire "5¢" so how could I blend it more into the paper?  Sponging Pool Party ink didn't bring out the color enough.   I had a great idea~~make a little "paint" using white craft ink and Pool Party refill.  The paper does have a grunge look to it and when I painted along the edges of the card, it blended in okay.  The "5¢" still shows but not as obvious.    I will be making "paint" in other colors and when I come up with something good, I will post it.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment