Monday, April 8, 2013

Oval Framelits & Flowers

What a great weekend!  When I joined Stampin' Up, I joined for the discount and because I appreciated the quality of their cardstock, stamps and ink.  Five years later, in addition to still appreciating the quality of SU's products, I have been blessed with some wonderful friendships.  We get together for the card classes, but the fellowship and laughter make the classes so much more.  Once again Annie came bearing baked goods from Weber's Bakery--delicious!!  Thank you, Annie.  (John says thank you, too!)  Today's card was stamped using a non-SU stamp from Flourishes. After embossing the image with black embossing powder, I colored it in using my SU markers, tying up the flowers with Calypso Coral baker's twine.  I used an Oval Framelit (in the Spring Mini) to cut half of an oval on the front of the card base and then embossed the entire card using the Fancy Fans folder.  You will need to emboss one side and then the other, as the embossing folder is not large enough to emboss the entire card base.  I cut two Tempting Turquoise ovals (same size as used to cut the card base oval), adhering one to the card front and one on the inside of the card, lining it up under the front oval.  The flower image was cut using the next smaller oval framelit and layered on the Turquoise oval on the card front.  Sounds a little confusing and like a lot of work for one card, but it is easier than it sounds.   Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment