Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Photopolymer & Washi Tape

It is snowing and we could be getting an inch an hour!  I need Spring!!  But since it is only March and we are in the Chicago area, we find ways to brighten up our surroundings in spite of the snowy, dreary skies.  Today's cards are nice and bright, especially the pink and green card~~two of my favorite retired colors, Green Galore and Pink Passion.  Both of today's cards use a variety of products~~both Stampin' Up and otherwise.  The Washi tape on both cards is a new favorite product for me.  Unfortuantely, if you look closely at the pink/green card, you will see that I did not line it up evenly.  The sentiments are important because they were stamped using a photopolymer stamp set.  If you know me, you know I am attached to my stamp-a-ma-jig.  Since the photopolymer stamps are clear, I did not use the SAMJ.  Not a big deal on the black/mambo card as I used a framelit to diecut the sentiment after it was stamped, but that was important on the pink/green card.  I spaced it almost perfectly without the help of my SAMJ.  I am looking forward to trying SU's photopolymer set as the stamped sentiments here are pretty crisp and I could 'clearly' see where I stamped.  What I do notice is that the Melon Mambo sentiment is a little crisper than the Green Galore sentiment.  I am wondering if that is because the Melon Mambo is one of SU's new foam ink pads, while the Green Galore is an old style ink pad and could probably use a little reinker?  Well I better get going here.  Time to watch my husband snow blow/shovel!!   Have a great day and be careful out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment