Thursday, December 6, 2012

Made In The USA

I usually watch Diane Sawyer on ABC Nightly News.  In the past, the ABC Nightly News has done special segments on products that are made in the USA.  And during this holiday season, they are again showcasing companies that manufacture their products here in the USA. According to ABC,  if each of us spent just $64 on American-made goods during our holiday shopping, the result would be 200,000 new jobs.  So that got me thinking and I sent an email to Stampin' Up asking which of their products are made here in the USA.  The answer:  rubber stamps, wheels and ink.  That means that many SU products are manufactured outside of the USA, but at least when I purchase stamps and ink I know I am helping someone keep a job.  Today's 3x3 card offers a sneak peek of a couple new items in the Spring Mini: a new stamp set, Ciao, Baby and the new 7/8" Mini Scallop circle punch. Both items are very cute!  Since the stamp and ink are the only items on this card that are made in the USA, maybe I should get a stamp that I can put on the backs of my cards that says:  "Created In the USA"!  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment