Monday, October 15, 2012

Serene Fall Trees

The images on today's cards were stamped using the direct-to-rubber technique.  Starting with the lightest color (More Mustard) I used my Stampin' Up markers to ink the images.  I added ink to different areas blending the colors into each other.  I do think that this tree image from the Serene Silhouettes set was made for this technique.  Each time I inked up the image and stamped, the image was different.  I used a combination of colors, mostly from the Regals collection and I must say, the cards are much prettier in person than they are showing up on my computer.  No kidding--I have taken about 20 photos and none is really capturing the pretty shading of colors in the trees.  I am even saying that the Bravo Burgundy card on the left is pretty and I do not care for Bravo Burgundy in the least--lol!  One tip if you are doing this technique:  once the stamp is inked up, then give it a good huff to remoisten the ink.  Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment