Monday, October 8, 2012

Hershey Bar Snowmen

Happy Monday! It was a little chilly here over the weekend and I actually turned on the heat to take the chill out of the air when I woke up Saturday morning.  Today's post is a cute project that I first saw on the internet.  I punched out little black circles and a tiny carrot nose and glued them to the white cardstock that was wrapped around the candy bar.  I made the black hat from a small piece (5 1/2 x 6) of felt.  As I am gluing the little circles, I decided to see if I could make a template using My Digital Studio software.  I was successful and the little snowman wearing the red hat was printed on white paper. (I now have to figure out how to center the template on a piece of paper so that paper trimming  is not necessary!)  The red hat was made from a piece of felt that I purchased at Michael's~~an individual piece of felt that measures approximately 8 x 10 or something like that and from which you can get at least two little hats.  By the way, I did have to brush the dust off  my sewing machine to sew a seam for the hat. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment