Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Halloween Favors

 I had lunch with my friend, Regina, the other day and she gave me a cute little Halloween favor. That favor inspired me to create something similar and is quite easy to make.  You will need a 12"x3" piece of cardstock:
  1. Score at 4 1/4, 5 1/4, 6 1/4 and 10 1/2.
  2. Burnish and fold the score lines making a valley, hill, valley which will be the bottom of the favor and trim the 1 1/2" section of cardstock with decorative edge scissors or a punch. 
  3. I made the eyes, nose and mouth using the Artiste Cricut cartridge, although you can use black cardstock and a pair of scissors to make the face elements in whatever shapes you desire.
  4. After adding the face pieces to the front of the favor, adhere the little individual packets of M&M's using double-sided tape to the inside.
  5. Fold the flap over, punch holes, add ribbon and there you have it! 
I imagine you could use white cardstock and make this favor ghost-like or green and make it Frankenstein-like. I used mini packs of M&Ms, but you can use the mini individual packs of Skittles, candy corn, etc.  So many possibilities!  Have a great day and find yourself a little stampin' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment