Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rosette Die?

I am convincing myself that I do not need the Designer Rosette die that is in the main catalog. A while ago (more than a year ago) I purchased the Tim Holtz rosette die and I was not happy with it. Rather than having scored lines, the TH die had perforated lines for the folding. When I used DSP or white core cardstock the perforated lines would show bits of white and I would have the need to sponge the rosettes. I have been seeing so many beautiful projects using the SU die, that I am very tempted to purchase it. But first, I wanted to make a couple using my Simply Scored board from Stampin' Up. The blue one has a scalloped edge which I created using the scallop edge punch after cutting the strip of cardstock and before scoring. The pattern paper rosette is actually a scrap piece of pattern paper which I used to see if the scored edges would be as noticeable as when the lines were perforated. I will think on it a little while longer as I know that if I purchase the die now, I will get a free spool of ribbon, too--and you know how I like ribbon! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the scallop effect Gail. I too, am debating on wether or not to purchase.Thanks for you message today. I am planning to start blogging again as soon as I get my SU starter kit and have time to make some cards. Talk with you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete