Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Acrylic Block Stamping

My clear blocks needed a good cleaning after the weekend card classes. When I was putting them back on the counter, I decided to use the smallest one as a background stamp. After a few "trys" I was able to figure out the touch so that the acrylic block left just the right amount of ink with the right amount of texture. I used a centering ruler and my stamp-a-ma-jig for the spacing. And then I pulled out one of my very favorite retired SU stamp sets, Short & Sweet and Early Espresso ink to stamp the image and sentiment. I was pleased with the Old Olive and Perfect Plum card, so used Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive together with the Merry Mini stamps to make a Christmas version. The cards are simple and cute and do not involve a lot of time and supplies. If you have an acrylic block and a little stampin' time, try this out. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment