Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Catching Up ...

...on thank you cards. I need to write some long overdue thank you notes, so yesterday I made two cards using the color combination of red, black and white. The stamped images on both cards are from the Flowering Flourishes stamp set, while the Curly Cute and Bitty Banner sets were used for the sentiments. My inspiration for the card on the left was the card in my July 11th post, Hello My Friend, which had a white card base. On today's version, not only is the color combination different, I also added an embossed border around the card front using my Simply Scored tool and punched both lower corners rather than just one. Once again using a red card base for the card on the right, I added an embossed layer and I stamped the images horizontally rather than vertically. Today's cards and the card from earlier this month are good examples of how by changing the color and a few elements, you have completely changed the tone of a card. So if you are ever stuck for a card design, just think back to one of your favorites and change it up a bit. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment