Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dum-Dum & Cricut Flower Arrangement

The other day my friend, Kathy, told me that Party City had a great candy selection. I happened to come upon a Party City so I ran in to check it out. I have not been in a Party City in many years. Well let me tell you, I couldn't believe all the candy that store sold. I especially liked the variety of candies you can purchase individually. I had just purchased the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge and wanted some mini Dum-Dum lollipops and low and behold, Party City had the mini Dum-Dum lollipops. Plus, I was able to choose yellow wrapped Dum-Dums for the flower centers. I bought a few with which to play~~and play I did! Look at the cute Dum-dum arrangement I made using the Flower Shoppe cartridge, a little ribbon and a dollar pail from Target. All of the flowers were cut at 2 1/4"; leaves at 1 3/4". I did have to make the holes a little bigger on one of the flowers for the lollipop sticks to fit thru, but other than that, once I determined what size would work best with both the lollipops and the pail, putting it together went smoothly. I tied a piece of ribbon under the base of each flower to keep the flower right up against the lollipop and stuck the stick into a styrofoam ball in the pail. It looks very cute, but if I was going to give this to someone, I definitely would be a little more detail-minded! Hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment