Friday, April 13, 2012

Card Inspiration

The other day we received the card to the right. I liked the patterns and design so much that I used the card as a design sketch for my card to the left. The inspiration card was one printed layer, whereas for me to accomplish the look I needed to layer each piece. I used a retired background stamp on the Bashful Blue cardstock and then a stamp from the Tiny Tags set to create the border on the white. I should have just used another background stamp as that would have been much easier. The single stamp worked fine, but I did use my stamp-a-ma-jig to be sure the placement of the stamp lined up quite evenly. The bird bath image is again from the retired Touch of Kindness set, but I am making this card for someone special and she loves birds and the birds in this image are just adorable. I colored with my Stampin' Up markers and the little beads of water are actually little stickers. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment