Friday, March 16, 2012

Jonquil Inspiration

I have mentioned that our jonquils were popping out of the ground. Well yesterday morning my husband clipped the first of the mini jonquils, put them in this vase and gave them to me. I knew immediately that I was just given my inspiration for today's card. The card measures 6 1/2" x 3 1/4" and fits into the Small Open-End envelopes on page 182 of the cattie. The color combination of Daffodil Delight and Old Olive truly do match the flowers from the garden. (I should have used a little Tangerine Tango, too!) The flower image is from the Love & Sympathy set--an image that is suitable for a variety of occasions. When I purchased this set, it was because of the beautiful sentiment that was included in the set. Little did I know that not only would I be using the flower on Sympathy cards but that it was perfect for Easter cards, Mother's Day cards and so much more. The Daffodil Delight seam binding adds to the airy feel of this particular flower image and the Concord Crush butterflies add a little pop of color. Thank you, John for the pretty inspiration! Have a wonderful day and find yourself a little stampin' time!

1 comment:

  1. Gail,
    This post made my heart sing. I am missing our daffodils since we moved and I loved seeing yours here today. You have outdone yourself with this one......

    ReplyDelete