Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Little Watercoloring

I have posted quite a few cards using the Label Framelits, a favorite new SU product. I have also posted quite a few cards using Poppy Parade, a favorite SU color that will be retiring soon. This card uses both products together with the new Apothecary Art stamp set (Occasions Mini) which coordinates with the Framelits. I stamped the image using Black Stazon on watercolor paper and started coloring the flowers using Tangerine Tango and my aqua painter. To add a slight contrast to the flowers, I colored a few flowers using Poppy Parade ink with the aqua painter. Pear Pizzazz for the leaves and ribbon and it was perfect. Not really! There was one little area on the lower left side of the image where I went over the line! But not to worry --a little Poppy Parade butterfly is hovering over that--lol! I am truly going to miss Poppy Parade, so I am stocking up on the cardstock. But I am sure that when the new In colors appear, I will find that at least one or two will become my new favorite(s)! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment