Friday, February 10, 2012

Scrappin' with Brownies

I was invited to participate in a Brownie Troop meeting with the intent of introducing the girls to scrapbooking. I was quite happy to accept the invitation as not only do I enjoy scrapbooking, but I know the importance of the scouting organization. Our son was involved in a wonderful Boy Scout Troop many years ago. Thanks to the dedicated leadership of their troop (Steve & Gary) and all who participated and encouraged the boys, our son and many more from Troop 96 became Eagle Scouts. The Brownies will be making an accordion album (Close to My Heart) which will include photos of their friends, family, scout activities and more. Once again, My Cricut machine came in very handy as did some of my punches. The photos here are both the front and back cover of the album and the album from above. Due to the fact that the girls are young and the time is limited, I adhered the words to the cardstock, but the girls will put the album together, add the photos and embellish the pages as they desire. I look forward to working with this Troop and encourage all of my followers to do what they can to encourage all Scouts. They truly become successful adults as evidenced by our boys who became: a police officer/firefighter; a high school teacher; and successful businessmen--just to mention a few. Have a great day and enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment