Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Embossed Baptism Card

We will be attending a Baptism this weekend and here is the card I made for the special baby boy. I used Bashful Blue and Whisper White cardstock. In order to get a nicely formed cross, I stamped the cross on blue cardstock using the cross from the retired Special Blessings stamp set. After I cut the cross out, I flipped it over so the stamped image wasn't showing and embossed it with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. The cross was then matted on a piece of white cardstock and very, very carefully I cut around the cross giving the cross a layered look. Using dimensionals, I adhered the cross to the blue cardstock which was embossed using the Perfect Details texture plate. The satin ribbon finishes it off nicely. This card can be used for just about anything--Baptism, Communion, Confirmation, Sympathy and even Easter! So when you need a card but do not have the perfect sentiment for it, emboss and texturize. Add a ribbon or other embellishment and then refer to the occasion when you write a little something on the inside of the card. Happy stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment