Monday, February 6, 2012

Framelits (and other wafer-thin dies)

I am so happy that Stampin' Up has introduced their own line of wafer-thin metal dies. I used the Labels Collection on this card, first for layering, but more importantly for getting the stamped image centered exactly where I wanted it. When you receive your Framelits from SU, they are packaged in a sturdy plastic envelope, which is very nice. But then a fellow SU demo shared her Framelits storage idea and I must say, I love it! I purchased a package of Clear Mount Stamp Cases (pg. 205) and a pack of adhesive-backed Magnet Sheets (pg. 216). I cut down the magnet sheets to fit, removed the backing and adhered them to the inside of the Clear Mount Case. As you can see from the photo, the Framelits fit perfectly. I labeled the case "spine" Hearts & Labels with a Sharpie pen and then slipped the information that came with the dies into the plastic sleeve on the case. This worked so good, that I used the same storage system for my other wafer-thin metal dies. Hope you ahve a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment