Friday, February 3, 2012

Butterfly Sympathy

This truly is a pretty card, if I say so myself! When we go to Ft. Myers Beach, I make a point of visiting a stamping store in Ft. Myers, the Owl and the Pussycat. On this visit to the store, the owner was showing me the new dies from Memory Box. There were quite a few that I did not have, but I decided on getting the Vivienne and Darla butterflies which can be used alone or together. Needless to say, I had to try the dies as soon as I got home and had access to my Big Shot. The Vivienne die has many little pieces that need to get cut out and the owner of the store gave me a little hint: add a few little pieces of masking tape to the die so that enough pressure is given to cut the tiniest section. Well, I did add the masking tape and it certainly worked like a charm! A friend of mine gave me a set of oval Nestabilities (thank you, Nancy) which I used to make the Very Vanilla background for the butterflies. I sponged the edges, added a couple of butterflies from my SU embosslit and stamped the sentiment using a stamp from Teeny Tiny Wishes (a go-to stamp set that you need to have). The card was pretty plain, so I punched the corners with the scallop trim corner punch and lined the inside with Very Vanilla cardstock. I can see myself making quite a few variations of this card. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment