Friday, December 2, 2011

My Christmas Cards

I have had a truly productive few days. Not only did I do the majority of my shopping and present wrapping, I also addressed about 40 Christmas cards--all of which I made over the past couple of weeks. For these cards I used the same stamp sets, but placed the images differently on the card. (This is where I will tell you how much I "really like" my stamp-a-ma-jig.) Each ornament is a single image and the string holding the ornament is a separate image, so I put my SAMJ to very good use this Christmas!! The cards were made using either Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry, Cherry Cobbler or Night of Navy. The cards are all very pretty, but the Early Espresso cards are my very favorite. Once the cards were stamped, I then used my metallic pens and added some gold and silver highlights to the images. The stamp sets I used are from the Idea Book & Catalog: Tree Trimmings (pg. 34); Four the Holidays (pg. 168); and Short & Sweet (pg. 166). If you like the look of the three ornaments but do not want to go thru the trouble of stamping each separately, there is a set on page 31 of the IB&C, Merry & Type, that had I not previously purchased the sets I used on my cards, I most definitely would have purchased Merry & Type. Using Merry & Type would have saved me a whole lot of stamping--lol!!! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment