Saturday, August 20, 2011

Scrapbook Expo

Yesterday was a perfect day. I attended the Scrapbook Expo in St. Charles with my daughter and granddaughter. Surprisingly, I did not spend very much money (a good thing) and it was enjoyable to see things through the eyes of Sydney. She is very well-behaved seven year old so taking her into a crowded place was no problem. The three of us did a two-page layout at the Close To My Heart booth. Sydney was thrilled that she was able to do her own pages and she found the "rock and roll stamping" and the "stamping off" techniques much to her liking. She also had to sponge the edges of all of the off white cardstock and she told us that she didn't realize it took so long to sponge. As we passed a booth that had tons of ribbon hanging by the yard, Sydney says, "Oh Gay, keep me away from the ribbon! I just love ribbon." Very cute~~especially since, I, too, love ribbon. We had a nice lunch at a restaurant in the Pheasant Run Hotel, took one more look around the Expo and then had to call it a day as Sydney was off to her ballet and jazz/hip hop dance class. And today my husband comes home from an 11 day fishing trip to Canada, so guess what I am doing? Cleaning and catching up on all the things I didn't do while he was gone--LOL! Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment