Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Scoring Board

I was testing my new Stampin' Up scoring board when I made this card. When I first purchased a Score-Pal years ago, I was so happy to have it. I could score my cards and add a little scoring here and there with no problem. But when something called for a score line at the 4 3/8 mark, then I had a problem. The Score Pal had score gutters every 1/4 inch so I would have to figure out how to get those eighth inch marks at just the right place. But the SU score board has scoring gutters at every 1/8 inch mark. For this particular card I scored the upper half of the card at every 3/8 inch mark both horizontally and vertically. (Couldn't see that on the card to the left so I snapped another photo of the card without the flash.)I did find that scoring so closely I needed to really be sure I was scoring in the right "lane". Another difference is that the SU score board uses a stylus versus the Score Pal which uses a bone folder for the actual scoring. So there was a little learning curve there, too. But since the stylus is metal, I will not have to replace it as I find I need to do with the plastic bone folder after numerous uses. I like my new SU score board but I have jumped the track a few times and gotten part of a score line where I didn't want one. But a little extra embellishing seems to take care of that. So my new SU score board is a keeper. By the way, the Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla design on the lower portion of this card is another from the Mocha Morning DSP . Have a good day!

1 comment: