Monday, August 1, 2011

Birthday Cake Inspired

John and I ordered Sydney's cake from Jarosch Bakery, a bakery that our family has ordered special cakes from for years and years. She wanted pink, yellow and purple flowers with pink writing. We had already given Sydney her overhead projector, but we had a little something to give her at the adult party. I needed a little gift tag for the bag. (BTW, it was the electronic pencil sharpener she wanted--lol!) My good friend is a CTMH demonstrator and CTMH announced the release of a Cricut cartridge that coordinates with some of their stamps. Well, my friend doesn't have a Cricut nor does she know how to use one, so I had the pleasure of doing a few things with the new cartridge so that she would understand the whole "Cricut thing" better. I saw the flowers on the cartridge and I knew I wanted a tag that looked like the cake we ordered. The square 3x3 gift card was made to match the cake before I saw the cake. After I saw the cake, I wished I had made a circle gift card as there is a circle card on the CTMH cart. So today I made a new gift tag to match the cake more closely--lol. In the future someone will be getting a pretty cake tag! Now I need to perfect the rolling up of the flowers. I am impressed with the cartridge as it has some great objects and shapes and an alphabet. I look forward to seeing all that can be done with that Close To My Heart cartridge. And by the way, I used Stampin' Up cardstock and ink. And the icing on the cake is the Shimmery White. Not a good thing to do at 9 at night, but I am now hungry for a piece of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment