Monday, May 16, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcake

I am once again posting a photo of something I made using the Petal Cone die and it is a cupcake for this birthday card! Who knew that the Petal Cone die was so versatile? I was only going to practice making a cupcake using the die cut cardstock, but when I cut it down for a cupcake and ran it through the crimper, I knew it was going to be a card for a special friend's birthday this week. As the card evolved, it just became cuter and really did remind me of a Red Velvet cupcake. The Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding with the rhinestone brad added a whole lot. The cherry on top was made using a circle punch and adding some Crystal Effects. So my practice piece turned into a card that turned out just right for my friend. It totally reminds me of the Red Velvet cupcakes that my friend Kathy brought me a few weeks ago from Deerfields--LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment