Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Father's Day

Since Father's Day is a only a month away, I have been working on ideas for Father's Day cards. I know that I previously posted a brayer card (not for Father's Day) that had a sun in the background but when I received the Sail Away stamp that is in the Summer Mini, I knew the same technique would make for a beautiful card. The striped paper is from the Elegant Soiree designer series package and works well with the Baja Breeze/Chocolate Chip color combination. After brayering of the blues and the sponging of the sun, the placement of the sailboat was easily achieved thru the use of my Stamp-a-ma-jig. Again using the Sail Away stamp, the red, white and blue card was quite easy to create. I think I spent more time threading the baker's twine through the button holes than I spent putting the entire card together--lol! This card, too, would be a very nice Father's Day card, but it is a perfect card for a male celebrating anything. Do you know how I achieved the white sails? Bleach and a paint brush--very cool technique. Hope you can find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment