Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Perfect Plum

One color I do not use often is Perfect Plum. While leafing thru the Soft Subtles Designer Series Paper Pack last week I made a mental note to use the color more often. So, while the mental note was still fresh (LOL!) I made a card that we did at the embossing class on Saturday. The card I am talking about is this criss cross card on the right. We embossed the sentiment and the tag using Perfect Plum craft ink and clear embossing powder. Then last night as I was reading thru our Stampin' Up demonstrator site I came across a pocket card that I thought was very cute. The demonstrator, Andrea, who posted the card used the Sizzix Top Note die for the card insert. And then matted it on a another top-note die shape that she handcut. I put my SCAL and Cricut to good use to make a top note mat and it turned out pretty darn good. So I proceeded to make my version of Andrea's card. For both cards I used the Greetings from the Swirls and Curls hostess set in the Summer mini (which I love, love, love). I did no embossing on the pocket card--just used Perfect Plum classic ink. Two different looks, two very pretty cards--if I say so myself! Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment