Monday, May 2, 2011

National Scrapbooking Month

May is National Scrapbooking Month. I realize that most of my posts involve cards, but I started paper crafting as a scrapbooker. I look back at my first scrapbook pages from about 8 years ago and I smile. It was just the beginning of my acquisition of paper, die cut machines, different adhesives, paper trimmers, stickers and other embellishments and a nice beautiful scraproom that is all my own. I recall my husband's words when he was putting the finishing touches on the shelves in the storage section of my scraproom. He said, "Well Hon, if you outgrow this space, then you have way too much stuff!" Well, as any paper crafter knows, it is very easy to become a collector. The one thing I will say is that since I began selling Stampin' Up, I really have become more particular in my purchases. I don't buy things just because I have a coupon or because paper is 50% off. I ask myself if I am really going to use all 80 pieces of paper in a DCWV stack pack or most of it? My past history says, "No". I rarely even look at stickers any more. I have my Cricut, Big Shot and SCAL program for embellishing. I love ribbon. I used to go to M's & J's and buy all sorts of ribbons. Since my first purchase of SU ribbon, I have realized that I love SU's ribbon and for the money, I get lots of it. Plus, it perfectly matches my cards and favors. That is not to say that I don't buy and use other ribbon--I still do. Or that I only purchase paper from SU--because I don't. But the sale SU is having in honor of National Scrapbooking Month has me thinking about a couple of purchases--particularly the Word Play stamp set and maybe even purchasing SU's digital software--both items I have been thinking about for a while. The good thing is that I am thinking about it and not just buying because the stuff is on sale. When you have a little time, check out the National Scrapbooking Month Promotion on my SU website. The promotion just might include an item or two that you have been wanting and thinking about for a while. Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment